PORTRAIT DAY PROGRAM
Over the past 15 years of working with young families I have found that parents love the fresh, editorial style and wished that the same level of quality could carry over into their child’s annual school portraits. So often I hear complaints of receiving outdated, stiff photos from their school photo day with minimal attention to detail, expressions, and each child’s true personality.
Through time spent talking with parents I realized there were few options for fresh, authentic school portraits and a real desire for them.
What makes my school portraits different:
- All of the portraits take place outdoors at the school using only natural light with beautiful scenery. The photos have a bright editorial look that can’t be achieved with traditional style school portraits.
- I make sure to capture real smiles and personalities.
- Parents are not just happy with their portraits, they are consistently thrilled with the results from my portraits days. They love that their children’s real smiles shine through and that the photos are classic enough for purposes much broader than a sheet of wallets.
- Families do not have to blindly order before they see their portraits. They get to see their child’s three best portraits 2 weeks after portrait day and they choose then which photos & what quantity they would like.
- We find parents are very surprised by how competitive and affordable our prices are. Parents can choose between traditional prints & modern digital files. Collections begin at $22 and range to $75.
The process and how it works:
- I will come out to your school to meet with you, scope out the grounds for the perfect spots, and choose the right September/October portrait day & rain date. I usually do this with the school contact in April, May, or June. You may be worried that your school will not have the right spots for portraits… I am always able to find beautiful spots outside!
- We send you lots of reminder flyers to send home with parents leading up to the portrait day. You send those home in backpacks.
- Portrait Day is here! It’s a fun laid back day with lots of smiles.
- Two weeks later – galleries are online! Parents get to log in and see their kids portraits. The online ordering system is clean, simple, and easy to use.
- Parents order directly through our online website. Parents who order digital files will be able to download them immediately. Parents who order traditional prints will pick them up at the school two weeks later.
One more note:
*At this time we are only taking 3 preschools next year. These spots will fill up fast. Please contact me in the Spring to set up your dates in the Fall.